Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday, January 5, 11:10 AM

I can hardly believe that it's the start of a new year, but am thrilled at how this new year has started. As the majority of you already know - Jonathan is in the process of waking up. He has said a few words and is learning more how to express himself. He's doing great in that respect. The physical therapist came in to asses him yesterday and will be coming in daily to get him moving and started on therapy. Of course it will be easy stuff at first, but they'll be getting him ready for rehab eventually. As I mentioned previously - Jonathan's jaw is scheduled to be unwired either Wednesday or Friday of this week, and we are anxiously awaiting that. We can only imagine how much relief that will bring him.

A few things that we'd like to ask everyone focus their prayers around:
Jonathan's heart rate has been fluctuating, since the accident, anywhere from 100-150. For someone Jonathan's age and physical condition prior to the accident, his normal heart rate should be around 50-60. So, for near 6 weeks now his heart has been working close to triple time what is normal. We need to pray that this stabilizes and very soon. They are giving him medication to help with that, but the lowest it has been is in the 80's, right after he's been given the medication and he is asleep. So, please agree with us that this will be done. Also, his eye sight is still much of a concern for us as well as the doctors. We're still not sure what he can/can not see, but are believing, of course, for full restoration of sight.

Pray for the family. We are learning when to speak and when to be quiet, which battles we need to fight for Jonathan, and which ones are better left alone. It is hard when you've got 5 people with strong opinions and many nurses who seem to be more frustrated with his needs than compassionate toward them. We know that this is a test for us as well as an opportunity share God's love. Sometimes we'd like to share a few other things with these nurses, but instead we refrain - most of the time :).

God is doing great things in this entire situation already. We are elated and anxiously awaiting each day, knowing that each moment is another opportunity for God to demonstrate his love to us through Jonathan's miracles.

Dad called just a bit ago, as I am at work today, to ask everyone to continue to pray. We know that this has been a long road, and often times it gets tiring or our lives take over and routine takes president, but please do not stop praying. There is much need for it, and we recognize the power in it.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (New International Version)
14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

3 comments:

dekoda said...

I am glad that he is doing so well. We all miss him at work & hopes for a continuous speedy recovery. God works in mysterious ways. For he is truly A GREAT SPIRIT!!!
Jon's spirit is strong within as well as your family. I know that he will continue to amaze all of you each and every day. I hope that all of your prayers, no, I know that all of your prayers will be answer!! ( As they have been so far). Thank you Rebecca for your strength to let us all know of his progress. My prayers are you all. God Bless. Sherri (De Koda)

Andreaz said...

I have been praying even harder for John since you said they were talking about moving him because he wasnt communicating. I used to be a consultant for indivduals with Traumatic Brain Injuries and I have seen some tough cases. And from knowing Jon befor the accident I was praying that God has to have more for him than where he was. I have been praying that God can't leave him like this. I have been praying that God has to have more for him than where he is. I was praying God you didnt bring him back to leave him here, and he didnt. Let your family know that I continue to pray for Jon and you guys.
I have just been getting tied up with some stuff around the house but I didn't forget about you guys. :)

LaShawn said...

My My My when you receieve confirmation from God it is a wonderful thing. It is so ironic that you posted 2 Chronicles 7:14 because we discussed that same scripture last night in Bible study. You and your family's faithfulness is a great encouragement for Jonathan. I know that those prayers as well as the many more from all of the people he has been such a positive spirit to, are all being heard.

Rescue


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones