Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesday, April 1, 9:40 AM

Hard to believe that it's already April. Even harder to believe that it's been already 4 months since Jonathan's accident. On Saturday I had some pictures printed of Jonathan that we had taken while he was in the hospital. We started taking pictures on the 4Th or 5Th day and continued throughout. We definitely felt it super important so that people could not only read, but one day, physically see all the miracles that God has done. Last night as the family was all together I brought the pictures out and Jonathan took a look. He was amazed! He still doesn't have a full grasp of just how bad he was. Although, I think the pictures of himself in that condition helped to bring that reality a little closer. Even though we saw him every day and saw the transformation before our eyes - we still forget. It's an odd wave of emotions to see the pictures again. I admitted last night that as I was in Target printing the pictures off I got a little teary eyed. How could I not. He's come so far. God has done so much, and that's the story those pictures tell!!

Some of you have yet to see Jonathan since the accident. Some of you have never before met him and still you pray. While few have had the opportunity to see in person all that God's grace has accomplished. One of the biggest accomplishments is that Jonathan's physical healing has been amazing. In fact, according to the physical therapist - Jonathan should be walking on his own by next week!! Jonathan is more than thrilled about that. Of course, his walk is not back to "normal" yet. He's still slow, as his steps are still a little difficult. He is still learning to balance his weight between both legs. He's still in progress. Please continue to pray for his physical and spiritual strength to be renewed. Yesterday we got a good report from the doctor. As many of you know - Jonathan was a big fella before this accident. He went into the hospital weighing at least 205lbs. of muscle. He came out at about 120 lbs. Last week as they weighed him the result was 125 lbs. Well, this week he weighed in at 136 lbs.!! We've been trying to put weight pack on him to build up his strength. So, 11 lbs. in one week is an accomplishment!

His outburst are still much of the same. His feuding with everyone about everything is still taking place. Although, as with the rest of us - he has his good days when there's not a single fight and other days when everything sets him off. So, please pray that the first would out-number the 2ND. We appreciate your prayers, and are in constant need of them.

The family is planning a special celebration for Jonathan - to celebrate this second chance. Please send me your email address if you are interested in information about this event. You can email me at Impactyouth813@yahoo.com

Last night, we were hanging out being silly, as we Newman's like to do. In the midst of some music playing - some dancing started taking place. Jonathan was bustin' a move! :) He's been told that he dances better now than he did before. You be the judge. Hope this brings a smile to every one's faces as you see Jonathan in his truest form!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!! LOL So happy to see Jonathan being his crazy self!! Still praying for all of you!!

Miss Nita Marie said...

LOL HAHAHAHAHA OH MY HAHAHA I NEEDED THIS TODAY WOW THAT WAS GREAT YALL ARE SILLY ITS GREAT TO SEE HIM DANCING AND HAVING FUN! AWESOME IM STILL PRAYING I TOLD JONATHAN I WAS AND I WILL CONTINUE!
NITA

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting that. It made me laugh. I needed that today. I'm glad to see Jonathan doing well. It's great to see the person I've been praying for so much. My husband and I are looking forward to meeting Jonathan when he comes and gives his testimony here in Franklin.

P.S. to Jonathan: great skills we want to see you do the worm next.

Unknown said...

i dont know...thats a tough one. lol. he dances better than me anyways, so i guess im kind of biased. :) good job jonathan...you will have to teach me soon! haha

anointed_voice said...

I am loving the video... I am soo happy to see him so joyful, and with a smile on his face. Cant wait to see you Jonathan. Love you. God bless you

Unknown said...

I love what I am seeing. It is only by God's grace for this happiness. Jonathan this made me cry tears of joy because I know just how awesome my GOD is! I can't continue to describe the feelings that are bubbling up in me to see you here having such fun with the family. Please stay focused on the Lord and you will see so many other things come to you and I can't wait to see you. I know that I am going to cry so much but it will be of gladness, joy, worship and praise of the heavenly fathers gift. See you soon. See you soon, Mona

dekoda said...

That's the Jonathan that we all know and love!!! MUST A MOVE HAHAHA I'm soo glad to see yal having fun at last. It will just keep getting better, you'll see. I will keep praying for you all. I miss you and truelly understand of what you are going thru. THE GREAT SPIRIT still working his magic. Keep faith. I look forward to seeing you soon.
Your friend always. Sherri aka Dekoda

Rescue


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones