Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday, March 25, 10:25 AM

Well, thank you to all of those that prayed Monday and continue to pray. Within the hour of that last post Jonathan calmed down tremendously, and as a matter of fact - had no large altercations with anyone yesterday. Believe me, that is only an answer to prayer!! :)

I took a half day yesterday, as a dear man from our church congregation passed away. His funeral, which dad performed, was yesterday afternoon. So, while my parents attended the service I took Jonathan to one of his appointments. He had an ultrasound done on both arms to see if there were still any blood clots. While in the hospital, and since his release, they haven't been able to do much activity/therapy in his arms due to the blood clots there. So, we are praying the results show that they are gone and therapy can really begin with his arms.

Also, last week we got a report that on a previous test there did show some minor brain damage. Because we had yet to be notified of that, and it was new news to us, the doctor ordered an additional CT scan which we also did yesterday. So, again, prayers that the test would show nothing but complete wholeness.

Today Jonathan has physical therapy, as he does every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. He's doing great. He's been using the walker for a week now, but will be off of that soon I am certain. He really uses it solely for stability in case he loses his balance, but the walking he is doing on his own. He's come so far and I am so thrilled. The physical healing is happening at a speedy rate. It's all the other stuff that is our greatest concern.

Though he is still a bit away from it, before he can drive or go back to work he would have to have clearance from a psychologist. There is some concern there from our family as well as many of the doctors. There is still quite a bit of healing and re-learning that needs to take place. The way that Jonathan's mind processes things at times drives him to outburst of anger, heightened emotion and extreme reaction. It's at a moments notice and without regard for surroundings at times. So, please pray for his continued emotional, mental and spiritual healing. Pray for wisdom to handle situations as they arise and grace for all that we do. We appreciate your prayers more than you'll know. Each day, as I get home from work, Jonathan asks if any one has written on the blog. He enjoys hearing that so many are praying and cheering him on. Thank you for that!!

9 comments:

AbidinginJesus said...

Jonathan,
We do continue to pray for you and the Newman Family. Man, if you love God and are called according to His purposes for your life, then every day, every moment - all things work together for good for you (Romans 8:28). Believe it! Stand on it! He IS for you, not against you (Romans 8:31). Brother, have someone read all of Romans Chapter 8 to you today. Meditate on God's Truths and be encouraged in your soul. Your Sister in Christ, Michelle Potsic

kendra said...

Jonthan,God will never leave you or forsake you.God is concerned and he's working it for you.Although sometimes you have to walk alone.He sees everything your going through right now.And your gonna "MAKE IT" always remember God is always on your side and everything is gonna be algright Don't give up keep on fighting cause we are praying and fighting for you keep yor head up.

Unknown said...

jon
Everyday I wake up and brush my teeth get dressed for work and check in on you. I am so thrilled to see you out for your next dinner when I'm invited again. I miss you so much dude...and I'm glad to hear you still have your fighting spirit. I've always known that no matter what life threw at you, you'd always come out of it on top! Your one my my boys forever and i can't wait to see you again. It's been too long! I miss ya and think about you daily!
Sincerely,
Your friend,your brother and your mentor :)

Eddie

diane said...

Hey Guys...
I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I am praying for you. I am so proud of you and I cant wait to see how God is going to use you and all that you have been through for his glory.
Love you
Steve & Diane

Aunt Cindy and family said...

Jonathan,
You are never far from our thoughts. I would comment more often, but always have a password problem. Robert, Danielle, and I pray for you daily. My students and coworkers also ask how you are as I include you in our intentions when we pray together. Remember as you continue to deal with life's pressures, that He is with you and always will be! Keep working towards your goals, and don't let anything keep you down. We hope to see you this summer so that we can see for ourselves the impact of God's and your family's love. Stay strong.

Aunt Cindy

Stacy Leonard said...

Jonathan,
All of us here continue to pray for you and your family. We think about you always and hope to see you soon. Jonathan, I know you love God and keep in mind he is taking you through this journey for a reason. Take your time healing and remember your family and friends support you and love you and pray for you all the time. But most important, god is by your side and he will never leave you. Lean on him and pray to him to be with you as you heal. He IS for you, not against you.

In my thoughts and prayers,
stacy leonard

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Jonathan. I never knew you before but a friend of mine told me about your accident and through all this time, ever since I found there was this blog with your updates, I check daily for any news. I pray for your healing and I have told my family to pray as well.

I just wanted to write a portion of a song for you. This song has always been a blessing in my life when nothing makes sense and God's mysterious ways are not comprehendible in my mind.
I am translating from another language to the English Language so most likely it will not sound as touching as it sounds in the original language- I am not a good translator.
Here is part of the lyric:

If only you would see tomorrow through God's eyes, you will then know that some time soon the morning will come. There times when we wish to know what is to come, but God has placed a love's veil in front of our eyes; not being able to see what's behind that veil, we cling to him even more, and till the end he will always whisper: TRUST IN ME.

When confusion comes, please remember Job- He even argue with God but at the end of his process he had to say:
You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?'
Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know.
"You said, 'Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me.'
My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you. Therefore I despise myself
and repent in dust and ashes

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:9

God Bless you and your family always.

Regards.

mspinkkris said...

Jonathan, I want you to know that a day doesn't go by that I don't think of you and your family. Sometimes, it reminds me that no matter what is going on in my life, that I DO HAVE SO MANY THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR and those outweigh the things that sometimes feel like are the worst times of my life. Keep your head up and know that your life is meaningful and valued by so many! We miss you and can't wait to see you!

Much love,
Kristen

Rescue


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones