Friday, December 26, 2008

Friday, December 26, 9:35 AM

As I closed the blog last night I still wasn't settled with the fact that my prayer had yet to be answered. There was still about 2 hours left of Christmas for God to answer. I simply asked that we would, in some way, be able to communicate with Jonathan on Christmas day.

Around 10:30 Charlie came back in the waiting room after spending time with Jonathan. He had just walked through the door, that I was standing near and said "guess what? I was talking to Jonathan and told him that we wanted to communicate with him. I said lets try blinking Jonathan - one blink for yes and two blinks for no. When I ask you a questions try to blink. Do you want me to put the blanket on you Jonathan? and he SHOOK HIS HEAD NO!!". Charlie was so excited, but wanted to make sure it was really an answer to his question and not just him wanting to see that. So, he said, " that's even better, but were you really trying to tell me no? That's when Jonathan again shook his head yes!!" I was so excited!! I told him that's exactly what I've been praying for on Christmas - and yet another answer from the Lord. . . but wait, it gets better, well, at least for me :)

So, we had to wait about an hour as the nurse gave him his bath, changed his sheets, and got him all cleaned up. So, around 11:30 I went back there to stay for the night and the nurse said, not knowing what happened with Charlie, that Jonathan was communication with her. I asked her how and she said that he was shaking his head. she asked him if he was cold now and he shook his head yes. So, then she asked him if he was in pain and he shook his head no. Of course by this point i was ready to see him shake his head in answer to me. So, I asked him if he could hear me, and got nothing. I asked him a few more questions and still - nothing. So, I waited and figured he'd respond when he wanted to. A while later, still standing by his bead I told him I was going to go sit down, but if he wanted me to stay by him for him just to raise his hand and both were raised immediately. So, I asked him another question. I said, "Jonathan, it's Rebecca. Do you remember me?" and a head shake in the form of a yes came, and so did tears like a river. Through my tears I said, "Jonathan, I love you.", and he shook his head yes again. That was it. I stopped asking questions. I was so thrilled that God had answered my prayers, and the prayers of everyone reading this. I knew He would. AS we hear so many times - God's never early, nor is He ever late, but He is always right on time!

All day long we were in and out of his room, and he just would not wake up. He was in such a deep sleep all night long. Then around 10:30 God answered our prayers - a hour and a half left to go until Christmas was over and Jonathan nods his head for the first time. What an amazing God we serve. I am so thrilled - I can't even put it all into words. Every single thing that we have asked for God has done. Every prayer request I have petitioned everyone to pray for has been answered. This stuff isn't by chance. Maybe people could say that the first, second or third time, but now after every single time i post a request - the next post is telling you about the answer - it's all God. There is no other explanation, and for that we give Him thanks. Last night as the family was all in Jonathan's room praying by his bed dad prayed these words, "Thank you Lord for sending your son so my son could be healed" The relation between the two was so beautiful, personal and wholly correct.

So, now it's the day after Christmas and we are just waiting to see what happens next. Please, as the praise reports come in, do not stop praying for the many needs Jonathan still has. I know that often times when we hear of the good things happening we almost think that "it's in the bag" and our prayers aren't really necessary any more. Please, continue to pray with us for Jonathan's full recovery. There have been some talks about his right eye being unresponsive, so please pray for restoration there. Complete wholeness from the top of his head to the souls of his feet is our prayer. Complete restoration and function of very organ, every limb, every muscle and joint - a complete and total healing of his entire body. We trust that God is hearing and answering our every prayer, and just as excitedly as now - I will let you know as each answer comes through, and you can check it off the list as done :)

8 comments:

Karen said...

As I sit reading with tears in my eyes over the awesome news, I could never imagine what you all are going through, but Thanks to you Rebecca, sharing every report, we will continue praying for every specific thing that Jonathon needs. We Love you all and you are always in our Prayers & thoughts!!! My prayer is that the new year will bring new progress! Jonathon is already a miracle. When you posted the blog about your dad praying and witnessing to others going through almost the same as you guys, it Blessed me so much and I am sure it has Blessed those other families as well.
Keep being a Blessing!!!
Love,
Karen

Valentin said...

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!PRAISE OUR MIGHTY GOD!!!!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!

diane said...

You have managed to bring me to tears once again... I know not a difficult task, but none the less. Tears are still flowing. That is exactly what I have been praying for and I know you all have as well. I am so greatful and humbled that our prayers are being answered. There are times we can go for years without prayers answered but God is never late and HE always meets us at our place of need. He is truly a "right now" God. I love you all. Give Jonathan our love.
Diane

RBattle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RBattle said...

What an AWESOME God we serve. It's wonderful to here the update on Jonathan. We will continue to pray for him and the family. I was sharing Jon's story with my family and I asked them to say a prayer for the Newman Family.

Rebecca thank you for keeping us updated. It's greatly appreciated.

Much Love,
Renita

Redd Youth said...

Thank you for posting. It makes me feel close to you. I hate not being able to be there with you guys. I know we havent seen each other in awhile but you will always be like family. I ve dreamt about all of you just about every week for the past month- Gods way of waking me in the night to pray. He is so faithful! Its been such a long time!! I miss you all so much. I need to see you soon.

Love,

Laura (miller) Bridges

mspinkkris said...

I don't how anyone has not cried at this blog. I don't even know you but am crying for you out of pure joy!!! It brings such peace and this beautiful picture in my mind. Thank the Lord! God bless you all!!! What a wonderful gift.

Stacy Leonard said...

I am so happy for you jonathan. another reason to celebrate for such an amazing god. Keep getting stronger and remember you are loved and prayed for amongst so many including me. thank you again jesus, as this brought tears to my eyes, of knowing i serve such an amazing god and thank you for being hear and sending your son to heal us and take care of us.

Rescue


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones