Saturday, December 6, 2008

Saturday, December 6, 9:15 AM

Around 3:30 AM Jonathan started to calm down. As I sat by his bed side i just kept asking God to give him comfort and peace. I kept saying the name of Jesus and I know it wasn't wishful thinking, but proof that when I spoke that name - the numbers dropped.

They are weening him off of the sedation medicine which, in simple terms, they have described as an anti-anxiety medication. He is still on the pain medication and they're not taking him off of that. Last night his body was responding in ways we had yet to see, although the nurses said it was definitely normal. There was a combination of things his body was adapting to and reacting to. He had a fever so he was hot, but they put him on a cold blanket that caused him to shiver, then the sedation wasn't as high so he was reacting to it all more than he had before. It was hard to see, and I asked everyone for prayer. That was all I could do. I sat by his bed rubbing and holding his hand. That, with prayer, was the only thing that seemed to calm him in the slightest. They said that it would take a while before his body adjusted to the lower dose of sedative. It took until about 3:30 this morning. He's resting now and all of his vitals are stable once again.

It was a hard night, but as Psalm 30:5 says "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." We are again thankful for God's mercy and His grace and to all that have been praying - please continue!




*They are still limiting visitors to family and clergy. If you decide to come to the hospital please be aware of that. There will always be some family in the ICU waiting room. All visitors should make there way there.*

4 comments:

Andreaz said...

I read your post last night as well as a lot of other people at work last night. Jon was the topic of conversation a lot. God has used Jons accident and this blog as a witnessing tool and to plant seeds in a lot of people. Through this blog people are able to hear about Christs love and for some this is the scripture quotes is the most scripture they have been exposed to. Take comfort even through Jons ordeal he is serving Christ by being a witness and testimony to him. I realize even though I did not meet Jon working on the mission field or the ideal place one might suggest, but Christ said, "I came to find the lost." When people say Jon was "lucky" I correct them and tell them no he is "blessed."
So we are all praying for him, because God saved him for a reason and it shows now, but he is not finished with him yet.
You guys are like my extended family now..Love You guys and I am always prayin.

Silverback said...

Ingrid and I have been reading your blog and we are weeping and praying for his recovery. Your updates are riveting as well as a witness to God's soveriegn nature. God Bless and keep you and your family

Brother Rick!!!

Rebecca said...

Andreaz,

thank you so much for your prayers. I can't say it enough. We don't serve a conventional God so I have no doubt that it was God who purposed you to meet my brother in an "unconventional" way. I know as you do, that God has big plans for him. I am so glad that this blog will be an aid in th testimony and witness of god's hand. Thank you for all of your encouragement. It means so much to the family!

Bro.Rick,

Thank you and Ingrid for the prayers. It is all that I can ask of you , and all that we need. God's grace is sufficient. We stand confident in who our God is. We know He will see us all through.

peter said...

Jonathan,

Everytime we read Rebecca's updates we are more & more encouraged that God is with you. And that you will be a living testimony to His awesome love & mercy.

In Christ all things are possible.

Peter & Maria

Rescue


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones