Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday, December 29, 2:35 PM

It's been a hard day today. Last night was a pretty restless night for Jonathan and for me as I stayed with him. He got less than acceptable care, and was agitated because of it. This morning has been equally hard to deal.

We knew that today they would be moving Jonathan to, what they told us would be, the step-down ICU unit. He would still be getting a lot of needed attention, because he wasn't yet ready to go to the regular floor. Well, this morning we got word that there were no available beds in the step-down unit, and he no longer qualified for the most critical care so they were moving him to a regular floor.

It's been hard to deal with especially for mom and dad. They are the only ones at the hospital today. Charlie and I both had to work today, and Rachel and Bryon left on Saturday. We are just asking everyone to pray. We know that ultimately God is in control. We know that we have to trust Him even when our understanding is lacking, and the facts don't seem to add up. When the care doesn't seem to be sufficient and the nurses are too busy - we have to trust. It's really hard to do! We love him so much, and so much want the best there is to offer him. So, please pray that his care would not suffer because his location has changed. Please pray that the family would continue to see God's favor in this situation, regardless of this recent development. Pray that as we know we must, and really have no other choice, we would trust the Lord completely.

There's a great song my Donnie McClurkin, it's one of my favorites actually. It says:

I know that faith is easy
when everything is going well
But can you still believe in Me
when your life's a living hell?
And when all the things around you
seem to quickly fade away
There's just one thing
I really want to know


Will you let go?

(I'll trust you, Lord)
Will you stand on My word?
(I'll trust you, Lord)
Against all odds
will you believe what I have said?

(I'll trust You, Lord)
What seems impossible
(I'll trust You, Lord)
Will you believe?
(I'll trust You, Lord)
Every promise that I made will you receive?
(Yes, I will trust You, Lord)

It's an easy song to sing, but not an easy deceleration to live out. Still - We have no other choice. We trust You, Lord.

3 comments:

Miss Nita Marie said...

Im very sorry to hear that the situation is less that great with the rooms and nurses and care. But like you said when the nurses are too busy there is somebody who never sleeps and who never gets too busy for any of his kids and i know he will take care of Jonathan. And that song i love it. You should hear Marvin Sapps Praise Him In Advance that song helped me see things the way i should've always seen them.But i'm still praying things get better.God Bless and Much Love

peter said...

Glad & sorry to hear they took Jonathan out of ICU. Now is where you & your family are really going to have to put all your faith in God. This is a big step but it is forward!

Again, remember what I said Sunday there are always going to be +'s & -'s for everything. Lets continue to look at the +'s & believe & pray that God will change His room & be there with Jonathan always no matter where they place him.

With much love
Peter & Maria

Karen said...

Well Rebecca, you did again, that song hits the nail on the head. "Just Trust" I feel that God has the situation in control and has Jonathan's room, along with his family, on that floor for a reason. There is someone or maybe more than one, on that floor that needs to be witnessed to. To actually see for themselves what Jonathan and you all have been through, and where you are at now, and it's all because of GOD!! I believe he will guide you all to what HIS plans are for you all to do!!
God Bless!!
much Love,
Karen

Rescue


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones