Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wednesday, December 10, 4:15 PM

Jonathan got out of surgery about 1 hour ago. He made it through just fine. Actually, the doctors said once they were in there they realized it wasn't as bad as they had originally assessed. They were able to stretch the skin already on his elbow to cover what was necessary. There was no talk of nerve damage or any of that. So, it was a pretty routine surgery with zero complications. They are letting him rest tonight and tomorrow since Friday they are doing surgery on both sides of the pelvis.

More good news - his bowels are beginning to get regular. They are responding more quickly now and are on there way to regularity, which has never before been a problem with Jonathan and I am sure will recover faster than most would expect :)

to prove my point - here's a picture Jonathan once sent to my cell. Guess where he is?? :)






*They are still limiting visitors to family and clergy. If you decide to come to the hospital please be aware of that. There will always be some family in the ICU waiting room. All visitors should make there way there.*

5 comments:

diane said...

Only those of us that know him can truly appreciate this picture...Some things never change.

Love you
Diane

Unknown said...

oh goodness girl, my mom said it right...i think this picture pretty much sums up how goofy jonathan is! :)

LaShawn said...

Thanks again for the updates and I will continue to include Jonathan and your family in my prayers. Stay strong and God Bless!

mspinkkris said...

I see he's not the only one that takes crazy pictures! I know exactly where that is. Those tiles give it away. Welcome to PMSI!!!! Rebecca-thank you for all that you are doing keeping us updated and posting pics that make us smile & laugh. I hope you were able to laugh too when you posted it. :) So glad todays surgery went well. We are all praying for him and can't wait to see him! I admire your family; Your support, courage, strength, faith and unconditional love for each other and for God is very inspiring to all of us. Thanks again for all of the updates.

Andreaz said...

Thats really good stuff. That pic is why I we got along so well cuz I would drive my lil sister and brother crazy by sending em pics while I was in there too. :) Funny I guess we had time to kill.

Rescue


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones