Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday, December 14, 2:45 PM

Sorry that I haven't updated here in nearly a day.

There was nearly no change all through the night, but early this morning we saw some signs of him waking up. Because the sedative has been in his system for so long the doctors have told us that it could take up to 3 days for it to get out of his system. So, he still has not woken up fully yet. Although, this morning, Jonathan responded to Rachel and my mom. First, Rachel asked him to squeeze her hand and he did and then went back to sleep. Then, Mom was in there a few hours later and saw he was a little aware and asked him to move his fingers and he moved his thumb. So, we're seeing some responses, although, he's still very sedated and still very asleep. He comes in and out. He's doing well. The fever is down today. Continue to pray that it remains that way.

Praise report -

As I mentioned a few days ago they said that there was an infection somewhere. They were trying to determine where the infection was, but finally after all the test declared that there was infect no infection!!! So, they are going to be proceeding with the surgery on the pelvis tomorrow.

Keep praying that God would continue to give Jonathan peace and comfort him as he wakes up.

3 comments:

LaShawn said...

Faithful is our God! This is awesome news. I pray thall of these positive responses continue. I will surely keep u all in my prayers. Thanks again Rebecca for all of ur updates.

Jennifer said...

Hi my name is Jennifer, I attend The Crossing Place Fellowship where Rachel and Bryon pastor in music. We love them and miss them dearly. Jonathan is in my thoughts and prayers daily. This message is mainly for your mom. You see, I almost lost my 5 year old son a year and a half ago due to a horrible boating accident. He was not expected to live on the way to the hospital. His head was crushed with other injuries and suffered from a tramatic brain injury. Long story short after weeks in the hospital, surgery, and extensive therapy, today he is a beautiful 6 year old that I can barely keep up with. God has done sooooo much through this accident. People I had never met before came to Christ. So, mother to mother I want to say, "I know what you're going through and God will sustain you through it all!" You will never be the same again, only better. My relationship with the Lord has reached a whole new level and I am so grateful for it. Please know I am praying for your "Motherly pain and suffering".

To Rachel and Bryon - Jessie and I send our love and prayers and can't wait to worship HIM together again! To HIM be glory for all the great things HE has done!!!!!

Lennette Deal said...

Thank you so much for being so diligent to keep all of us informed when we know this is a very stressful time for you and your family. Give our love to your mom and dad and let them know they are not forgotten by the Deals. We will be in town next week for the holidays. Let us know if there is something we can do.

Steve and Lennette

Rescue


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones