Monday, December 8, 2008

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Writing this blog with latex gloves, a gown and face mask on because we were just informed that Jonathan has contracted MRSA. Don't be alarmed - it's not as serious as many would think. It is not in his blood stream, only on his nose. So, for now we have to make sure we are covered so that we don't contract it or spread it anywhere else on him when we touch him. They have informed us that this is pretty routine stuff so no need to be alarmed, just cautious.

As far as the fluid in his lungs they will be draining that tomorrow morning. What happened was because he had a bowel movement they started him on the feeding tube again. Well, his bowels still weren't moving quick enough to pass it through so he threw it up and some drained into his lungs. Because they caught it in time and it's not other bodily fluid filling up his lungs they said it should not cause any major complications, but they need to drain it nonetheless.

so, after a night of high fever, lung alarms, and MRSA - it's time to get some rest. Both Jonathan and I are a bit worn out. So, as i lay in here tonight with him I pray that god gives his body rest. That He gives him strength to fight, peace to ease his mind and comfort to know God is with him. I pray his sleep is sweet and his body is made strong.

Thank you all for your prayers. I can't say it enough.


*They are still limiting visitors to family and clergy. If you decide to come to the hospital please be aware of that. There will always be some family in the ICU waiting room. All visitors should make there way there.*

5 comments:

Shane and Jasmin said...

Shane and I continue to pray for stength and healing! We know God's hands are over his body. We just can't wait to see Jonathan's face when he see's all that you have put together on his behalf - much appreciation for keeping us all updated. We love you all and God bless.

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

We and our church are praying and will continue until Jonathan is completely healed! We want you to know we have been standing for you and will continue to stand.

With our love and prayers,

Pastors Larry & Deanna Shrodes
Northside AG Tampa

Unknown said...

i will continue to pray and believe that everything is going to work out. i love you girl!!!! your amazing! :)

BOB AND MAXINE said...

We are praying for a full complete and speedy recovery for Jonathan and for super natural strength and rest for the Newman family. I am sure you are all exhausted. Jonathan is very fortunate to have such a loving family and so many wonderful friends. 1st Peter 5:7 -Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you!!! Love to all, Uncle Bob & Aunt Maxine

Gosdoski said...

Rebecca before I put my daughter, Autumn who is 6 yrs old to bed last night we (or should say me because she doesn’t talk because of her chromosomal disorder) were saying our prayers and I told her that we needed to say a special prayer as I kissed her cheek. I let her know that we needed to pray for another Mother and Father’s little boy to get better so that they too can kiss his cheeks and get the “bestest” hugs in the world from their little boy. I was telling her that he has some boo-boos that need fixing so we need to make sure we ask God to help heal those and make him better. She smiled when I said that, kissed me once again then closed her eyes, and smiled once more while I finished.

Then this morning I had a dream right before my alarm went off that seemed so real. I was dreaming that Jonathan came back to work just to get his personal items until he recovers fully at home. Now mind you we work in cubicles but in my dream it had us working in what looked like a cashier’s lines. You were with him and making sure that everyone did not touch him because of his injuries. He was smiling big but couldn’t talk because his jaw was wired shut. He was walking and moving wonderful and looked great.

I believe this is a sign from the pray that my daughter and I prayed last night for your brother, your parent’s little boy and our friend. We will continue to pray for him everyday and every night. Especially since I have my little angel praying with me.

God Bless You,
Sue

Rescue


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones