Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thursday, December 4, 8:30 PM

I got back to the hospital after a very difficult day - my first day back to work. I was happy to be informed that they had made some progress in getting his fever and blood pressure down. They also took out the second chest tube. The first one was taken out yesterday. So, little by little they are getting rid of tubes. I am very anxious for that. They have again started to ween him off of the ventilator.Today was a day of rest for him, as will be tomorrow. They informed us that they are unable to do the MRI due to the plates that they put in his face and the wiring that they used for the jaw. They haven't told us of anything else that is planned. Right now, it's just a lot of rest for his body. I'm sure next week there will be more surgeries and procedures.

As you continue to pray, please do so for his bowels. Without getting too detailed and giving more information then necessary - they are not functioning regularly. He is not passing any of the food that is being given to him through the feeding tube and that is creating some complications. So, please pray that all begins to work properly.

More and more each day many of you are expressing your love and support for Jonathan and to our family. Thank you. I know Jonathan will love to read and see all the comments and those that love him so dearly.

11 comments:

Duhon Family said...

Hi Rebecca,

My name is Blair Duhon we haven't met but i heard a lot about you and all of your family. Charlie and I lived together for a few years in Hammond i don't know if you ever heard him talk about me but we got to be real good friends and still stay in touch. I just wanted to let you know that my wife and I have been praying for Jonathan since the minute i heard about the accident. I only met Jonathan once he came down to Hammond for a few days with us and he was really cool.

Ya'll will always been in our prayers and tell Charlie his little step brother from Marrero said hi he will know who you are talking about.

Blair

diane said...

Rebecca...
Only you could get away with praying for his bowels....He is really going to love this one... I can hear him now. "Rebecca, your so stupid" But I am definitely going to be praying of course.
Love you and give him a big hug and kiss from both of us.
Diane

Rebecca said...

Mrs.Diane,

he can complain later, but i promise, he will be thanking the Lord once it's all releaved :)

The Lord said to pray specifically :)

Jessica said...

The bowels it is then :)

I'm still praying and am here for you all.

Andreaz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andreaz said...

I have been praying for him all day, when God says to pray without ceasing, I figured out how to do it. :) I pray when I am walking to my car, I pray while driving, I pray while I am on hold on the phone, etc...
Jon has been on my mind since I saw him on Wed. I am not sure if he is conscious or aware of his surroundings or not, but I keep thinking if he is how hard it must be to lay there and only be able to listen. It has been bothering me since I saw him and unlees the doctors have said otherwise, I think their should be some music or TV playing in the background so his mind can find a distraction when he is laying there.
I am always trying to make an attempt to look at life through his eyes. I will continue to pray for him as always.

Rebecca said...

Andreaz,

We've definitely thought of bringing in a cd player and finding some worship music to put on. The doctors have told us that constant noise would be a strin for Jonathan, but we're thinking about maybe just a few songs here and there. He's been sedated for the past three days almost constantly. So, unfortunately, he's not aware of anything, but later on we'll definitely hook him up :) So sweet of you to think of him and what he'd want.

Rebecca said...

Blair,

I have definitely heard of you. Charlie speaks of you often. I'll pass along the message for sure. thanks for your prayers!!

Chris Calhoun said...

Hey Rebecca,

Its Chris Calhoun. I worked with Joh at the YMCA and hung out with him alot through high school and college. I dont know why we stop hanging out but i guess your lifes get so busy you forget about the important things that matter the most. I am great freinds with Feddy i hope to come visit Joh soon when he gets a little better. I prey for him everyday. John is fighter i know he is gonna mkae it through this fine. God Bless John, You , and your family.

Gary Sapp said...

Gary and Dee Sapp in West Monroe, LA are praying and have since we heard of the accident. We will continue praying and we know that God will get the glory from this.
He is the healer and His stripes are for Jonathan. We love you all.
I did let the New Orleans folk all know about this.

Rebecca said...

Chris,

Thanks for your prayers. So glad to hear that Feddy is keeping everyone updated.

Gary and Dee,

Thank you also for your prayers. The phone calls to my parents have meant so much to know your suport and love. Thank you!

Rescue


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones