Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday, December 17, 8:20 AM

Praise the Lord for answered prayers!!! I asked everyone to agree with us for a restful night for Jonathan last night , and God definitely answered those prayers! :)
I stayed with him last night , and was pleasantly surprised to get about 2-3 hours of sleep. He calmed down around midnight and the only time he really started moving or became agitated was when the nurse turned the lights on to bathe him or give him medication or suction his lungs out. I helped her through that by holding his hand. He kept trying to block her - he's a stubborn one :), but after she was done the hand went down and he went back to sleep. I kept thanking the Lord for his grace. I stayed up most of the night just watching him, making sure he was ok. It seems when we're in that room we can't take our eyes off of him.

We continue to be amazed at God's grace. Some say that we should be used to it, but I hope we never do get used to it. I hope that with each answered prayer I am still in awe that the God of all creation has heard me, listened to my heart and loved me enough to answer. I think that will forever elicit awe. We are still standing on God's word that promises that He will heal Jonathan. We have seen His hand thus far and believe the best is yet to come.

Isaiah 53:5 (New International Version)

5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.


*They are still limiting visitors to family and clergy. If you decide to come to the hospital please be aware of that. There will always be some family in the ICU waiting room. All visitors should make there way there*

1 comment:

BOB AND MAXINE said...

3 WEEKS AGO TODAY. WOW!!!! PRAISE GOD AND AMEN!!!!! GOD STILL SITS ON HIS THRONE AND ANSWERS PRAYERS. DEAR LORD JESUS, WE GIVE YOU ALL THE PRAISE AND ALL THE GLORY FOR WHAT YOU ARE DOING IN JONATHAN'S BODY AND LIFE. WE HAVE SEEN AND HEARD OF THE MIRACLES YOU ARE PERFORMING. WE PRAY THAT SOON, JONATHAN WILL BE A WALKING-TALKING MIRACLE AND WILL HAVE SUCH AWESOME TESTIMONIES THAT WE WILL ALL BE IN "AWE" AS WE ARE NOW, SEEING WHAT GOD HAS DONE. PRAYING FOR YOU ALL. LOVE, UNCLE BOB & AUNT MAXINE

Rescue


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones