Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday, December 1, 9:50 PM

Just wanted to give a quick update on a word from Jonathan's nurses. They notified us tonight that they will not be allowing any other visitors to Jonathan's room other than family. Last week they were very lenient with who they allowed back to visit, because his case was so critical. As he progresses there will be more and more limitations on visitations in the ICU. This restriction is evidence of that.

We appreciate so much the support of all who have visited and all that desire to visit. We know how much Jonathan is loved and how touched he would be to know of every one's presence during this difficult time. Right now, the risk of infection is very high which is one of the main reasons they are limiting the visitors. They also have expressed to us that as the number of visitors in and out of the room increases so does the strain on the patients being visited. Again, thank you all for visiting and showing your support. He is greatly loved. For those that just simply want to be close - we have pretty much taken over the waiting room so you are welcome to join us from time to time. :) I know it is hard to stay away. Simply going downstairs or home for more clothes is a challenge for us as we want to stay as close as possible. So, I will definitely let everyone know as soon as they are allowing other visitors. Please, continue to pray with us, and I will keep you updated on the status of visitation.

1 comment:

Gosdoski said...

Dear Newman Family,

I just returned to work today at PMSI after spreading my Mother's ashes on Wednesday in the Gulf of Mexico and was informed of the events taht took place on that same day with Jonathan.

I was shocked to hear of this tragedy but also excited to learn that Rebecca has taken the time to update everyone with his improvements. I am glad tha tyou have taken this time to consider others and their need to know the status and what is going on with Jonathan. I am sure it is also giving you something productive to do besides sit and wait. I truly appreciate the updates.

I will keep everyone in my prayers but most of all I will pray for God's healing powers for Jonathan. God is truly working through you to everyone who reads these updates and every one who has ever doubted God's work/miracles first hand. Through Jonathan God is spreading his word of love to everyone.

I will make sure to ask for a special belssing for your family both near and far. May God bless all of you and draw you close to him. And may you always know of his presents when you are feeling all alone for he is always with you.

My Prayers and Love,
Sue Ann Gosdoski & Family

Rescue


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones