Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday, December 8, 7:45 PM

I got back to the hospital after work to see Jonathan doing well. He's asleep and resting, but I got the news that he finally pooped!! I know that may seem silly to some or gross to others, but they were very concerned about that all working and it finally did today. Please pray as he still has a fever. They are also going to start weening him off of the sedation medication again. They told us they will most likely have to put restraints on him because as he wakes up more and more he will get stronger and harder to calm down. Also, he may try to rip out some of the tubes and such. So, please be praying that he handles this well and not as bad as they are expecting.

They are still planning on doing surgery on the pelvis either Wednesday or Thursday. I will keep you posted and let you know as soon as we find out.

Thank you for all of your prayers!! Keep 'em comin'!!


*They are still limiting visitors to family and clergy. If you decide to come to the hospital please be aware of that. There will always be some family in the ICU waiting room. All visitors should make there way there.*

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Rebecca,
That is awesome! Thank God that he finally pooped! LOL!!! I'm sure he'll be happy to know that we were all praying for that! LOL :-)
We will continue to pray for your requests. We will pray that the Lord gives him comfort as he starts to awaken. I want to thank you for keeping us up to date on this blog. I appreciate it since I don't get to the hospital as often as I'd like. Please know that we are praying for Jonathan and the family and if you all need anything please don't hesitate to call us. Thanks as well for being you. Love you all!

Lisa said...

From Matthew,
Praying that Jonathan gets better quick. He is more hard headed than Charlie so I'm sure he'll be up to his old self soon.
Miss him and can't wait to see him.
Matthew

Miss Nita Marie said...

LOL haha omg Jonathan's face when he reads that post ahaha priceless! But like you've said before ANY improvement is good thats great! Once again thanks for the updates

Unknown said...

yeah!!!! thats so good to hear. Im glad that God is continuing to do work in his body. i will definitely continue to pray for the fever. ill talk to you later. send the fam my love!
meg

Ashley said...

I never thought I would be so happy to hear about poop…lol. This just another testimony of God’s work. I will continue to pray for Jonathan’s fever and for God to bring him comfort as the doctors ween him of the sedation medication.

Rescue


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones