Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday, December 28, 4:45 PM

There's not much in the way of updates, hence why there wasn't one yesterday. Really, the only big thing to report is that he will be moving tomorrow to the step-down unit of ICU. Of that they are 90% sure. His doctor has stated that he's making sure Jonthan gets the best room available down there. He's really taking care of things for him, and for us. Each time something like this happens we have to acknowledge it as the favor of the Lord. Seriously, it's just been incredible how things have worked out. We've always know we serve an incredible God, and "an incredible God deserves incredible praise". So, that's what we've been doing - just thanking God and giving Him the praise for all of Jonathan's progress as well the blessings He's bestowed upon the family.

I want to share with you a scripture that my sister read to me in the beginning of all of this. While we were sitting in the waiting room she showed me this passage of scripture and we both thought what an amazing depiction of this very circumstance. . .

Jonah 2
(The Message)

-9 Then Jonah prayed to his God from the belly of the fish. He prayed:
"In trouble, deep trouble, I prayed to God.
He answered me.
From the belly of the grave I cried, 'Help!'
You heard my cry.
You threw me into ocean's depths,
into a watery grave,
With ocean waves, ocean breakers
crashing over me.
I said, 'I've been thrown away,
thrown out, out of your sight.
I'll never again lay eyes
on your Holy Temple.'
Ocean gripped me by the throat.
The ancient Abyss grabbed me and held tight.
My head was all tangled in seaweed
at the bottom of the sea where the mountains take root.
I was as far down as a body can go,
and the gates were slamming shut behind me forever—
Yet you pulled me up from that grave alive,
O God, my God!
When my life was slipping away,
I remembered God,
And my prayer got through to you,
made it all the way to your Holy Temple.
Those who worship hollow gods, god-frauds,
walk away from their only true love.
But I'm worshiping you, God,
calling out in thanksgiving!
And I'll do what I promised I'd do!
Salvation belongs to God!"

2 comments:

beaniebby said...

Dear Newman Family,
My grandmother informed us today that you had started a blog, which she asked my brother to print out for her and my grandfather as they wanted to see the updates. I have gone through and read all of the posts and wanted to thank you for so diligently making sure that family and friends all know what in going on with Jonathan.
My family has been praying and will continue praying for Jonathan and your family as long as is necessary.

In our thoughts and prayers,
Sabine Blady Broussard...(Jeff Blady's Granddaughter)

Andreaz said...

As I have been doing all along, I will continue to keep your family and Jon in my prayers. I pray specifically that this is not it for Jon and there is a lot more recovery for him in the future. Jon will be restored to a state where God can use Jon to continue to be his witness and fisher of men.

Rescue


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones